Total Pageviews

Friday, July 9, 2010

POEM - Stunning Demise (for my sister)

Feel moderately stimulated, reality is disheartening-
Memoirs of your death are somber-
But memories of you and how beautiful you were will live on forever-
Things condensed as time drifts through realms-
That are chemically laced and walls are scratched upon by fingernails that bleed infinitely-
Run through life at break neck speeds, clawing your way through everything so your bad habits can feed-
Sometimes I wonder how much blood you had spilled to simplify the pain-
Slice your frigid wrist down the grain-
Instruments used which echo, the sound of flesh ripping-
Your tiny arms you are gripping-
Light red dark red maroon black AND BLUE-
Your wore them all……………..but none truly suited you-
I was in the Middle East supporting the war-
To be a good older brother, there was nothing in this world that I wanted more-
I never thought I’d be standing at your grave, I guess we all have a different opinion on how to be brave-
Die for your country, or die for your drugs, I have to exist a lifetime without being able to give you a hug-
March on through each day, and doing my absolute best to never let your memory drift away-

Copyright 2010 Nick Davis

No comments: